Re: IIS cert denied

From: Ganesh Anekar [MSFT] (Ganesh_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 09/11/04

Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 17:13:26 -0700

Joe,

I received you email with snap-shots.

To resolve the first issue and to install certificate services please follow
the steps below:

Give Administrator and Administrators full control on the folder: -
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys

Then try installing certificate services again. One you install Certificate
services successfully try to generate new request from IIS again.

Thanks much.

Have a nice weekend.
Ganesh Anekar
Microsoft Developer Support
Internet Information Server
>>Please do not send email directly to this alias. This is an online
account name for newsgroup participation only.<<

You assume all risk for your use.

2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
"Joe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I really really appreciate this!!
I do not see anything but the stopped and start of the
Certcerv

There is one DTC here it is

Security Configuration (OFF = 0 and ON = 1):
      Network Administration of Transactions = 1,
      Network Clients = 0,
      Distributed Transactions using Native MSDTC Protocol
= 1,
      Transaction Internet Protocol (TIP) = 0,
      XA Transactions = 1

I think I better send the images.

1.Yes I am the administrator and I am logged in as one
2. I was able to generate a Cert for anyone who came to
the web to apply the certsrv e.g.
http://mydomain.com/certsrv I was issueing my own certs
for internal use. Same box
3. I was using the IIS manager as I have always done to
create a CSR to be intalled later from a commercial CA for
my E commerce web.

I will be sending the images

Thanks
Joe

related to
>certificate or ssl.
>
>Could you post it here(event logs if you see any)? Could
you send me the
ganeshanekar@rediffmail.com

>Few more questions:
>1.Are you logged in as administrator?
>2.Where is certificate services installed? on the same
box or another box?
>3.While generating request are you just preparing the
request and sending it

***********
>>>Please do not send email directly to this alias. This
is an online
>account name for newsgroup participation only.<<

confers no rights.

*

*
>***********
>>"Joe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>message
>>Thanks for your reply
>>
>> I cannot find this in the services
>> a.. Start the Certificate Services service
>>
>>I did have the certificate authority configured at one
>>time here but I removed it. Anthing on this for the
cause?

>>Thanks
>>Joe

can
>>set the access
>>>rights on the Security tab by expanding the following
>>items: Services,
>>>Public Key Services, Certificate Templates. Note that
the

*

*
>*
>>***********
>>>"Joe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>>message

>>cert
>>be

>>forgot

>>>.
>>>

>>.
>>

>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Vista Bus to SBS2003R2 connectcomputer problems . . .
    ... I ran into this problem with a few Vista Bus laptops - Whenever I tried to connect over a wireless connection. ... To install the certificate on Vista... ... Click Install Certificate -> Place all certificates in the following store -> Trusted Root Certification Authorities. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: another OWA issue
    ... Password change functionality requires you to install a certificate by ... You do not have to buy a certificate but can install certificate ... Enable user password changes through Exchange 2003 OWA ... You may have issues if you are running URLScan on the IIS Server. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.general)
  • Re: Whats the CA if SBS Certificate Services are not installed?
    ... So if I install certificate services, will it nullify any of the work ... > the network and either reboot or run a GPUDATE. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: How to install certificate service?
    ... I've tried to installl certificate server 2.0 on our ... This webserver hosts> 20 websites and on one ... >|>1) How do I install certificate services 2.0 properly? ...
  • Re: Issues with SSL on Win CE 5.0
    ... There is a Certificate in the HKCU under MY. ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ... creating the .pfx file, the private keys need to be marked as exportable ... the server certificate you're trying to add is present under ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded)