Re: SSL question

From: Miha Pihler (mihap-news_at_atlantis.si)
Date: 09/01/04


Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 14:51:35 +0200

Hi Michael,

>From what I can read from your post, users will access unencrypted site and
enter their details in a forum. After they are done they click submit to
submit data. In this scenario data between client computer and your server
will travel in clear text (unencrypted). After it gets to the server it can
be posted in encrypted (SSL) form to another page if you configure it so...

Answer to your 2nd question is yes. My recommendation though would be to use
2048 Bits key size (you can select this when you are performing certificate
request).

Mike

"Michael" <michael@mikeymall.com> wrote in message
news:%23SedomBkEHA.636@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> have a small question with regards to SSL and IIS.
>
> i've already installed a self signed ssl cert on my web server.
>
> My question now is, i've a page with has a form. This page is unencrypted.
> But in this page, it has a form and that form will post to a SSL page when
> its submitted. Will the data thats entered in that form be encrypted???
>
> 2nd question is, no matter is self signed or a verisign cert, the
encryption
> technology (1024, etc) is still there right?? its just that with verisign,
> its a recognized 3rd party and there wont be any prompting msg??
>
>
>
>



Relevant Pages

  • Re: encrypt password for webservices
    ... When you say about limitation of IIS/SLL (I assume it should be SSL) ... > 3) Requests can be multi-threaded, and some requests can even be droped if ... which allows the server to find appropriate EncryptionKey ... > encryption. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: No SSL Should I care?
    ... server issue or keep using Verizon's Wireless Sync which does use AES ... I was going to use activesync over wifi in europe since my 730 won't work ... and I couldn't get that to work using SSL either. ... that provides SSl encryption between my server and the verizon web ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync)
  • Help with SSL for Exchange 2003
    ... I hope somebody could help me with SSL. ... and Outlook, however, I cannot get SMTP to work properly. ... If I select SSL encryption the error I get is: "Your server does not ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: Can encryrpted packets be cracked by middle man?
    ... But when you add that "someone who has complete control ... ssl connection to the proxy server which then communicates with the web ... server which could be either http or https as is that possibility with ISA. ... > This is a question about how secure encryption is. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: criticism of web based password manager requested
    ... going to work (different encryption key (obvious because you can't ... The js being untrustworthy on a server you don't maintain is agan the ... With the correct js in place i don't have to trust ANYTHING ... Yes I can throw ssl on it and use ...
    (sci.crypt)