IIS Web Page NT Authentication Security

From: Markis (Markis_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 08/31/04

Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 12:33:03 -0700

If I disable anonymous access to a web page and I am using NT Autentication
for that web page am I limited for connections by the number of cals that I
have or is the number of connections unlimited when accessing a web page.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Is there a samba server for windows?
    ... > connections only, and does not support CALs. ... > the need to use workstations as a server for data under ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • Re: SQL Licensing--CALs
    ... My boss doesn't want to get per-processor license. ... have CALs instead so that only ... It's my understanding that we can't successfully control user connections thru SQL software or IIS software, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • Re: E-Mails
    ... While SBS can only enforce concurrent ... connections, that is not the licensing model. ... chose if they're User or Device CALs. ... connections and only be using 5 CALs (if each user was accessing the server ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SQL Licensing--CALs
    ... The vendor is saying I do not need CALs because the application ... The SQL Server licensing is quite clear ... My boss doesn't want to get per-processor license. ... connections thru SQL software or IIS software, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • Re: Licensing Question
    ... budget is $10K, and while that sounds like a lot, the server HW is taking out ... As for the gritty details of SBS Licensing: ... > The recommended solution is to not mix User CALs and Device CALs. ... eventually connections will be blocked. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)