Re: Integrated WIndows Authentication and IE

From: Charlie (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 08/22/04

    Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 10:37:36 -0700

    Hi Mike,
    appreciate your response.
    I will test it out and revert on the status.

    Thanks,
    Charlie

    automatically recognize this
    >address ad Local Intranet.
    >
    >On AD side, open Group Policy Editor at appropriate level
    (e.g. domain
    >level, OU level, ...). Under User configuration open
    Windows Settings >
    >Internet Explorer Maintenance > Security > Open Security
    Zones > click in
    >Import the Current Security Zone > Modify Settings >
    Click on Local intranet
    >> Sites > enter sites.
    >
    >For security reasons don't enter here sites that are not
    in trusted network
    >(LAN).
    >
    >I hope this helps,
    >
    >Mike
    >
    >"Charlie" <pctan@idealsoft.com.sg> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I have created an Intranet website and uses Integrated
    Windows
    >> Authentication to allow domain users who are logged in
    to AD to access the
    >> Intranet site without being prompted for logon.
    >>
    >> However, on all the users PC IE settings, I will need
    to add the Intranet
    >> site via the IE security options in order for users to
    access the site
    >> without being prompted.
    >>
    >> Is there any way to do anything via the IIS (but still
    using Integrated
    >> Windows Authentication) without changing all the PC's
    IE settings ?

    >> Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance.
    >>
    >> Charlie
    >>

    >.

    • Re: Integrated WIndows Authentication and IE
      ... There is not much you can do on IIS side, but you can do few things on AD ... Under User configuration open Windows Settings> ... Internet Explorer Maintenance> Security> Open Security Zones> click in ... Import the Current Security Zone> Modify Settings> Click on Local intranet ...
    • RE: Company intranet--cannot connect
      ... To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click ... and then click Internet Options. ... the intranet worked fine. ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Intranet Name Resolution
      ... > In fact I have to create a HOST record for "intranet" on DNS inside the ... in order to reach my IIS server. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)
    • Re: Authentication computer name vs. URL
      ... I f you look at the settings under tools-> internet ... logon, my guess is that if you look under logon, you will see the automatic ... logon only in intranet zone selected. ... > fix so that we don't change settings on the client. ...
    • Re: Security on .htm files not working...?
      ... > Okay, here's the deal, I want to have departmental intranet sites. ... IIS and IE so it will not prompt users. ... Configure IIS 5.0 Web Site Authentication in Windows 2000 ... Configure IIS Web Site Authentication in Windows Server 2003 ...