Re: Can't test SSL enabled website

From: Nishi (project_nishi_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 08/18/04

Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 03:15:29 -0700

Hi
If we use "https://server", it will directs us to the
default web site not to the MCMS web site.

However if we are using "http://server"
and "http://server:8080" both is working fine in the
server, I mean "http://server" takes us to the default
site and "http://server:8080" takes us to the MCMS web
site. the only problem is when we try to use "https".

Regards
Nishi

https://server

>Mike
>
>"Nishi" <project_nishi@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Mike,
>>
>> We cannot give the same number to both the website port
>> and the SSL port. And moreover 443 was recomended in
some
>> literature.
>>
>> Actually my default website is using the port 80
(default)
>> so I used 8080 for my MCMS site(SSL is enabled in this
>> site). Is it a problem?
>>
>> Nishi

properties
>> of default
>> >website -> General page.
>> >
>> >Why do you need to run the page on port 8080?
>> >
>> >Mike
>> >
>> >"Nishi" <project_nishi@hotmail.com> wrote in message

have "Basic
authentication"
>> after
>> not
in
>> the

while...
Delhi,
Delhi,
PM

>.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: asp pages error
    ... To configure the Port and Listening port, ... I assume that you have installed the web site on the IIS MMC already. ... In the Host Header value blank, you can assign multiple host names, also ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: asp pages error
    ... > site allow you to configure it to listen on another port or add Host Header ... > Default Web Site and Companyweb. ... > You also can add Host Header on the web site if it does not allow listening ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: port 4125
    ... Since it is the WWW publishing service is listening on port 4125, ... Open IIS console, navigate to Web Sites node, right click web site ... connect to the client computer in RWW site? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Linux Forums unreachable.
    ... DSL router, do you? ... web site that does not match linuxforums.org. ... interesting to see if the problem is specific to port 80. ... ray@RaysComputer:~$ telnet www.linuxforums.org 21 ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: SharePoint 3.0: problems with external access
    ... Port 443 won't work because it is already used by the Default Web Site. ... The steps to publish WSS 3.0 applications behind ISA 2004 are the same as those that I posted earlier. ... Go to 'Alternate Access Mappings' and in the 'Internet Zone' for your ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)