Can't test SSL enabled website

From: Nishi (project_nishi_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 08/16/04

Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 05:42:00 -0700

I was installing a CMS server 2002. I have checked all the
hardware and software prerequisites. For your information
I have a Windows 2000 Adv. Server(with SP-4),
IIS 6.0.

MCMS Server is running fine but when I try to open
the "Site Manager" from another computer in the network I
get the message that I should use "SSL". So I also
installed "CA" and enabled "SSL" for that website as
described
in the Microsoft Knowledge Base Articles. Now when I try
to access the site "http://servername/NRConfig" I got the
error "HTTP 403.4 - Forbidden: SSL required Internet
Information Services", which was expected. However
when I try to access using the
URL "https://servername/NRConfig", I only saw a blank
screen with the status bar showing "Opening page
https://servername/NRConfig...". I'm in fix. would be
really helpfull if someone had any such prob or knows a
solution.

Thanking you all

Nishi

Relevant Pages

  • Cant access SSL enabled server
    ... I was installing a CMS server 2002. ... the "Site Manager" from another computer in the network I ... get the message that I should use "SSL". ...
  • SSL
    ... I am wanting to be able to use SSL on my current apache installation ... few ways to go about installing SSL support on apache. ... services from the same daemon. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Event 1287 MSExchangeSRS
    ... Why would you have it installed on the SMTP virtual server? ... the /Exchange virtual directory does *not* have Require SSL ... Exchange Server 2003. ... email that we were imminently installing an SSL certificate and someone ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • SSL problem using Macintosh browser
    ... I'm still unclear about "installing the certificate". ... experience with SSL is light. ... It installs on the web server. ...
  • Re: SSL problems since install of new certificate
    ... Try installing, then running SSLDiag, and see if anything obvious shows up: ... > I installed a new SSL certificate this morning on one of our web ... > Andy Leates MCSE CCNA MCP+I ...