Re: "Path 'POST' is forbidden"

From: Joerg Jooss (joerg.jooss_at_gmx.net)
Date: 08/13/04

Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 10:19:40 +0200

Ollie wrote:
> I have wrriten a reverse proxy for a client of mine, this reverse
> proxy takes the url takes it attempt to access a *.XXXX and returns
> the the contents of an aspx web page from another internal server,
> the user then clicks on a button on the page that then posts data to
> the reverse proxy and it routes to the correct page by creating a web
> request and setting the method to post. (the reverse proxy is written
> using the IHttpHandler interface in .Net).
>
> This all works in development and UAT but fails in production giving
> the following error (see below) all servers are windows 2003 server
> with IIS6.0. I realise this must be a configuration issue, the
> configs are the same for production, dev & UAT machines.
>
> Anyone got any suggestions?
>
> Cheers
>
> Ollie
>

> Path 'POST' is forbidden.
>
> Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Path 'POST' is forbidden.
>
> Source Error:

> current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of
> the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
>
> Stack Trace:
>
> [HttpException (0x80004005): Path 'POST' is forbidden.]
> System.Web.HttpMethodNotAllowedHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext
> context)

System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionSte
> p.Execute()
> System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean&
> completedSynchronously) +87

It seems that in your web.config you're missing your handler's entry in the
<httpHandlers> section or it's does not say <add verb="*" ...> or <add
verb="GET,HEAD,POST" ...>.

Cheers,

--
Joerg Jooss
joerg.jooss@gmx.net

Relevant Pages

  • Re: "Path POST is forbidden"
    ... Ollie wrote: ... > the reverse proxy and it routes to the correct page by creating a web ... > the current web request. ... > An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Re: "Path POST is forbidden"
    ... Ollie wrote: ... > the reverse proxy and it routes to the correct page by creating a web ... > the current web request. ... > An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: "Path POST is forbidden"
    ... Ollie wrote: ... > the reverse proxy and it routes to the correct page by creating a web ... > the current web request. ... > An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the ...
  • Re: "Path POST is forbidden"
    ... Ollie wrote: ... > the reverse proxy and it routes to the correct page by creating a web ... > the current web request. ... > An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.clr)