Re: Website URL Hacked - Stays Forever

From: Kevin (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 08/11/04

Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 11:26:10 -0700

Nah... It is bizzare because I tried everything. I used
the Bazooka Spyware Scanner, Ad-Aware 6.0, and McAfee
Virus Scanner. And yes, they all are updated to the
newest definitions. None of those scanners picked this
thing up. Is there anything I can do?

click
>>on a link, IE will try to goto www.ads234.com . It is
>>not set as my homepage, but it just seems to want to go
>>there by itself. How can I fix this?
>>
>>Here is an example... I took a screenshot and I was at
>>this webpage and I wanted to go to paypal.com, and you
>>can see it wants to go to ads234.com on it's own.
>>
>>http://photos.e46fanatics.com/data/3350/22348ads234.jpg
>>
>>Notice the URL on the bottom of this picture.
>
>It isn't bizarre at all and its nothig whatsoever to do
with
>Microsoft's IIS web server software. You've just got
some spyware crap
>installed on your system. Remove it with any of the free
spyware
>removal tools out there.
>

>Regards,
>
>Paul Lynch
>MCSE
>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: IE6 Has Excessive Errors
    ... Well Justin, if it happens with *any* site there's only a few possibilities. ... The check for spyware is the next order of the day. ... > RAV AntiVirus Online Virus Scan ... > Kapersky Online Virus Scanner ...
  • Re: Changed Wallpaper
    ... | I have a computer that was badly infected with spyware. ... his wallpaper get changed from what is should be (you do ... FireWall to allow it to download the needed AV vendor related files. ... needed for each scanner you want to use, you should reboot the PC into Safe Mode [F8 key ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Cant change Automatic Updates
    ... I dont think it is spyware. ... > Also be sure that you have an up to date virus scanner running. ... > torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: Getting an error when turning on Automatic Updates
    ... As a matter a fact I did in fact had an issue with that specific spyware. ... Click "Install Now" button. ... Click on "Launch Scanner" button. ... update my Windows XP operating system. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Beware TAB sites
    ... most common TAB sites. ... My Spyware logs were clear prior to the visits. ... it was clean prior to my visits to these sites. ... General Scanner, Process Scanner, LSP Scanner, Startup ...
    (alt.guitar)