Re: IIS5 not impersonating Basic Auth'd user on one server

From: Ken Schaefer (kenREMOVE_at_THISadOpenStatic.com)
Date: 08/10/04

Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 22:01:58 +1000

Hi,

What exactly is the problem?

I assume you have a user that is hitting the ASP page on your IIS server
(serverA). The ASP page requires Basic Authentication. The ASP page, in
turn, attempts to access an Exchange box (serverB) using WebDAV? Am I
reading this correctly? And the 401 response is on the IIS box? 401 is
Access Denied (for whatever reason) - the user may need to provide
credentials, or there's some other issue.

Cheers
Ken