Re: Access Localhost from a remote computer?

From: Bernard (qbernard_at_hotmail.com.discuss)
Date: 08/02/04

Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 12:52:36 +0800

I would say bad ideas to change the host file just to achieve this.
It looks like to me, the order of name resolution didn't read the host file.

have you try the actual machine ip or netbios name ?
or even check the iis log file to see the remote machine is REALLY
connecting to your IIS ?

--
Regards,
Bernard Cheah

> > For software development reasons I want to access a Web site set up as
> > the localhost on Server 2003 from an XP Pro box.
> >
> > I set a new Web site with host headers as localhost and verify I can
> > access this from the IIS box.  I think set my host file to point
> > localhost to the IP address of the Server 2003 box.  I then type
> > http://localhost to access this site from the XP Pro box.
> >
> > The connection goes out to the Server box but then I get a connection
> > refused.  If I just change from using local host to 'test' then
> > everything works fine.  I want to use localhost however.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
>

> > Thanks,
> > Tyler

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Access Localhost from a remote computer?
    ... >reasons I want to access the Server 2003 box using explicitly ... >an entry into my XP Pro box's host file. ... >Localhost by default uses the 127.0.0.1 to direct itself to the same ... >> For software development reasons I want to access a Web site set up as ...
  • Re: Access Localhost from a remote computer?
    ... reasons I want to access the Server 2003 box using explicitly ... an entry into my XP Pro box's host file. ... Localhost by default uses the 127.0.0.1 to direct itself to the same ... > For software development reasons I want to access a Web site set up as ...
  • Re: dns & host file
    ... How to add 192.168.0.100 to my local DNS server. ... is setup accept email relay and 192.168.0.101 use ... If I don't put 192.168.0.100 in host file, the email won't go out, I ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.dns)
  • Re: dns & host file
    ... How to add 192.168.0.100 to my local DNS server. ... is setup accept email relay and 192.168.0.101 use ... If I don't put 192.168.0.100 in host file, the email won't go out, I ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.dns)
  • Re: Access Localhost from a remote computer?
    ... "Connection refused" does not sound like an IIS webserver error to me, ... > reasons I want to access the Server 2003 box using explicitly ... > an entry into my XP Pro box's host file. ... > Localhost by default uses the 127.0.0.1 to direct itself to the same ...