Re: Access Localhost from a remote computer?

From: Tyler Carver (xfreshy222-2_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 08/02/04

Date: 1 Aug 2004 21:34:13 -0700

I should have been a little bit more clear. For software development
reasons I want to access the Server 2003 box using explicitly
http://localhost. I am aware that I can use nearly any other word
instead of localhost and set my host file to point to the server and
setup a website with that host header value. For instance I can
easily set up http://test as my web site and access it fine by adding
an entry into my XP Pro box's host file.

Localhost by default uses the 127.0.0.1 to direct itself to the same
box. I can ofcourse change it to point to the IP of my server, and
this works. What I don't know is why my server will not accept the
connection. I would think this is another default that I can change.

Thanks for any help.
Tyler

xfreshy222-2@yahoo.com (Tyler Carver) wrote in message news:<813bb307.0408011137.181172dc@posting.google.com>...
> For software development reasons I want to access a Web site set up as
> the localhost on Server 2003 from an XP Pro box.
>
> I set a new Web site with host headers as localhost and verify I can
> access this from the IIS box. I think set my host file to point
> localhost to the IP address of the Server 2003 box. I then type
> http://localhost to access this site from the XP Pro box.
>
> The connection goes out to the Server box but then I get a connection
> refused. If I just change from using local host to 'test' then
> everything works fine. I want to use localhost however.
>
> Any suggestions?

> Thanks,
> Tyler

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Access Localhost from a remote computer?
    ... "Connection refused" does not sound like an IIS webserver error to me, ... > reasons I want to access the Server 2003 box using explicitly ... > an entry into my XP Pro box's host file. ... > Localhost by default uses the 127.0.0.1 to direct itself to the same ...
  • Re: sending mail from localhost to yahoo, gmail, hotmail, etc
    ... desktop computer (localhost) but be able to send email to anyone on ... most likely need to locate php/sasl to use from your server. ... JDS Computer Training Corp. ... However the images don't show up. ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: sending mail from localhost to yahoo, gmail, hotmail, etc
    ... desktop computer (localhost) but be able to send email to anyone on ... most likely need to locate php/sasl to use from your server. ... JDS Computer Training Corp. ... However the images don't show up. ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Sendmail problem
    ... associated with the hostnames. ... DNS server which has a configuration set into it for all local machines ... If something goes into localhost that needs to actually leave the ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: sending mail from localhost to yahoo, gmail, hotmail, etc
    ... desktop computer (localhost) but be able to send email to anyone on ... most likely need to locate php/sasl to use from your server. ... I have been researching on the internet and ... JDS Computer Training Corp. ...
    (comp.lang.php)