Re: HTTP 500 ERROR COM+ VSS

From: msnews.microsoft.com (frenzy_at_fbi.hu)
Date: 07/28/04

Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 19:57:35 +0300

Hi!

I have the exact same problem. I just installed my system again this
weekend, from an XP SP1 integrated installation CD (I got it with my
notebook). I installed IIS, .NET, all updates from Windows Update. And then
this happens, a myriad of different errors from IIS, which can be traced
back to COM+.

I cannot event open the Component Services, because COM+ System Application
dies right away. Starting the service results in the same error.

-Lenard

"Stars75238" <Stars75238@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am getting the usual
>
> Server Application Error
> The server has encountered an error while loading an application during
the processing of your request. Please refer to the event log for more
detail information. Please contact the server administrator for assistance.

> And the event log says: event ID 4822
>
> A condition has occurred that indicates this COM+ application is in an
unstable state or is not functioning correctly. Assertion Failure:
SUCCEEDED(hr)

> Server Application ID: {02D4B3F1-FD88-11D1-960D-00805FC79235}
> Server Application Instance ID:
> {CBBEB4FE-D789-491E-9628-4701A14B395E}
> Server Application Name: System Application
> The serious nature of this error has caused the process to terminate.
> Error Code = 0x8000ffff : Catastrophic failure
> COM+ Services Internals Information:
> File: d:\nt_qxp\com\com1x\src\comsvcs\tracker\trksvr\trksvrimpl.cpp, Line:
3000
> Comsvcs.dll file version: ENU 2001.12.4414.53 shp

> And another error: event ID 8193
>
> Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error calling routine
IEventSystem::Query. hr = 0x80040155.

> I have uninstalled and installed it and the .NET framework several times.
I can not view any pages and the default is in the WWWROOT folder.

> I have followed all the advice I have seen so far, including removing IPV6
and other items. I am at a stand still, any help?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Software Distribution Service 3
    ... to a checkpoint prior to that installation. ... to restore prior to the checkpoint before this Windows Update was applied I ... your best bet would be to open a free support incident. ... security updates. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Software Distribution Service 3
    ... piecm wrote: ... to a checkpoint prior to that installation. ... to restore prior to the checkpoint before this Windows Update was ... The support tech will need to know which updates were installed to ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: WU hangs on 3 of 3
    ... so you recommend me to buy a book to solve a windows update breaking a brand ... stations manually than have a server download 15GB of 90% patches from XP ... safe mode, now it hangs on "previous installation failed, rolling back ... Get one of the many books on the subject and read and digest it. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Analysis Server Installation
    ... server has conflicts with AS setup program. ... Microsoft Online Partner Support ... Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Canada. ... | Thread-Topic: Analysis Server Installation ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.olap)
  • Re: Strong Name Verification Failed
    ... I fooled with it quite a bit, including setting up an installation project, ... This morning I copied a set of files from development server to production ... Microsoft Online Community Support ... where an initial response from the community or a Microsoft Support ...