Re: SUS server and messing .net and windows update

From: Roger Abell [MVP] (mvpNoSpam_at_asu.edu)
Date: 07/11/04

Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 16:31:53 -0700

"ian" <ian@3techsystems.co.uk> wrote in message
news:29c1101c46501$095a9300$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> Hi,
>
> I installed SUS server on to a Win2003Std box and set up
> my clients on the network as per the documentation for
> the configuration of clients through Active directory.

There is a setting in the wuau.adm policies that will disable or
allow Sus clients to still be manually directed to Windows Update.
Perhaps this is your cluprit ?

> Since doing this windows update no longer works and when
> I try to sign in to a web site using a .net passport I am
> unable to. I don't get what I would call a real error but
> just get dns errors and so on.
This sounds unrelated to the other issue, except possibly if
you delivered some other settings with the GPO you adjusted
with/for the wuau.adm, which might be a suspect if you are
saying this impacts a group of client machines.

> HELP

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Ports required for Internal Firewall between client and DC
    ... When an application requests access to Active Directory an Active Directory ... server (domain controller is located by a mechanism called the domain ... If we fix the port in one DC, can i make this DC as the one the clients ... Exchange, the Exchange MTA service stopped responding. ...
  • Re: My own Site unavailable to the clients
    ... > I have the site hosted with Yahoo and not on the PDC ... > clients I receive an immediate error "Unable to resolve ... The Active Directory domain name _must_ resolve to the IP address ... If the site is accessable from the server then you must also be using the ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.dns)
  • Re: Rollback to NT4 domain from 2000 mixed mode
    ... There are corrupt tables in ntds.dit. ... They have all XP&2000 clients so trick ... > This is more of an Active Directory question than Group Policy so I ... Also if you applied any security templates, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
  • Re: AD to NT4 domain authentication process - why would a client connect to different AD DCs in othe
    ... your clients in SiteA will still authenticate against a DC in another Site. ... Microsoft Active Directory MVP ... > DC to DC traffic - In the same conversation report, ... > for forest-wide/GC information access, however they are again, not pulling ...
  • Re: Login Scripts/Home Drives
    ... the clients that use Terminal Server. ... I checked the event logs for both Active Directory ... >> controller with the variable...I can have a better chance of ... >> create a test user and force it to use each of my controllers ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.termserv.clients)