Re: SUS server and messing .net and windows update

From: Roger Abell [MVP] (mvpNoSpam_at_asu.edu)
Date: 07/11/04

Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 16:31:53 -0700

"ian" <ian@3techsystems.co.uk> wrote in message
news:29c1101c46501$095a9300$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> Hi,
>
> I installed SUS server on to a Win2003Std box and set up
> my clients on the network as per the documentation for
> the configuration of clients through Active directory.

There is a setting in the wuau.adm policies that will disable or
allow Sus clients to still be manually directed to Windows Update.
Perhaps this is your cluprit ?

> Since doing this windows update no longer works and when
> I try to sign in to a web site using a .net passport I am
> unable to. I don't get what I would call a real error but
> just get dns errors and so on.
This sounds unrelated to the other issue, except possibly if
you delivered some other settings with the GPO you adjusted
with/for the wuau.adm, which might be a suspect if you are
saying this impacts a group of client machines.