iis6 - shared folder - virtual dir: can't request .exe program???

From: Reinold Beyer (reinold.beyer_at_smartstream-md.com)
Date: 06/30/04

Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 12:45:10 +0200

hi out there!

we are having a strange thing here:

we use win2003 with iis6 and have a shared folder to a win2000 machine. this
shared folder is made a virtual directory under our website. in this folder
we have a self extracting .zip file as .exe.

when requesting this file the server throws a '404 - not found' error.

it is possible to request this file when put directly on the win2003 server
(no shared dir) and also from a iis5 win2000 machine...

what are we doing wrong???
please help us!! thanx alot!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Urgent need of help on IIS 6
    ... I have two server, one PDC and the other, a member server ... I have created a virtual directory that point to a shared folder on the ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • RE: Active Sync & OWA probelms
    ... Do you installed ISA server on your ... You have enabled Require SSL on the /Exchange virtual directory. ... In the right pane, click "Connect to the Internet", and then click ... forms-based authentication is required for Exchange Server 2003 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Active Sync & OWA probelms
    ... let's focus on the ActiveSync error. ... Do you installed ISA server on your ... You have enabled Require SSL on the /Exchange virtual directory. ... forms-based authentication is required for Exchange Server 2003 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Exchange OMA issue
    ... enabled on the server, we do have two connections available, it seemed ... For Exchange-oma virtual directory and the virtual directory you created ... Open IIS Manager ... Exchange Server 2003 SP2 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Network shares cannot connect
    ... After a reboot, domain users cannot access any shares on the SBS server, ... Microsoft Online Newsgroup Support ... let's focus on the Users Shared Folder first. ... To check this permission, please click the Advanced button, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)