Re: Using IPSec to connect to a virtual folder on another PC on a different network

From: David Wang [Msft] (someone_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 06/29/04

Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 16:31:02 -0700

Please do not multi-post. Answered already.

--
//David
IIS
"Rob Skinner" <rskinner@provair.com> wrote in message
I have a Windows 2000 Server running IIS 5.0 out in the DMZ of my Cisco
firewall using IP 10.1.1.X.
One of the websites on this server connects to a virtual directory which is
located on a Windows 2000 Professional PC on the corporate secured LAN at
10.0.0.X.
My ISP (they are configuring my firewall) informs me that I should look at
connecting to this shared folder (virtual directory) using IPSec on both
boxes to secure the connection instead of opening up Netbios on the firewall
to connect to the share on the Windows 2000 Pro box.
How do I do this on each of the boxes (Windows 2000 Server and Windows 2000
Pro)?
Thanks,
Rob Skinner

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How to Maintain an IIS Server?
    ... > server running on a Windows 2000 server. ... before a firewall and antivirus have been installed]. ... open ports; however, this will not identify which program is using the port. ...
  • Re: login attempts
    ... > Every day i have on my win2000 iternet server a lots of wrong login ... Windows by default allows ... You also need a firewall. ... the internet, except for those ports you know you're using. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: How to Maintain an IIS Server?
    ... >> server running on a Windows 2000 server. ... > before a firewall and antivirus have been installed]. ... > program or executable using that port. ...
  • [NT] Vulnerability in Server Service Allows Code Execution (MS08-067)
    ... Vulnerability in Server Service Allows Code Execution ... This security update resolves a privately reported vulnerability in the ... Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003 systems, an attacker ... Firewall best practices and standard default ...
    (Securiteam)
  • Re: NETFW.INF, Preconfigured Firewall settings and dialogs
    ... it is Windows Server 2003 SP1 firewall that i'm using. ... Using the document '832017 Port Requirements for the Microsoft Windows ... > to achieve the following goal: some ports are open by default and others ...