Re: Using IPSec to connect to a virtual folder on another PC on a different network

From: David Wang [Msft] (
Date: 06/29/04

Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 16:31:02 -0700

Please do not multi-post. Answered already.

"Rob Skinner" <> wrote in message
I have a Windows 2000 Server running IIS 5.0 out in the DMZ of my Cisco
firewall using IP 10.1.1.X.
One of the websites on this server connects to a virtual directory which is
located on a Windows 2000 Professional PC on the corporate secured LAN at
My ISP (they are configuring my firewall) informs me that I should look at
connecting to this shared folder (virtual directory) using IPSec on both
boxes to secure the connection instead of opening up Netbios on the firewall
to connect to the share on the Windows 2000 Pro box.
How do I do this on each of the boxes (Windows 2000 Server and Windows 2000
Rob Skinner