Re: SSL for Encryption

From: Harry Simpson (hssimpson_at_nospamphgt.net)
Date: 06/11/04

Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 10:49:25 -0500

Thanks Keith,

Reckon you still have the problem with the third check for intranets since
the url is a machine name and not the actual web app name....

I've seen some samples of workarounds but not sure where to catch this event
to bypass the location check (intranets only).

Harry

"Keith W. McCammon" <km@km.com> wrote in message
> You can and should use a separate box for your CA. It has a web interface
> included that will allow you to apply for and download certs from remote
> systems.
>
> "Harry Simpson" <hssimpson@nospamphgt.net> wrote in message
> > Does Certificater Services need to be installed on the server getting
the
> > cert or can we have a box here loaded with it and produce Certs for
remote
> > computers?
> >
> > Harry
> >
> > "Keith W. McCammon" <km@km.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > Unfortunately, yes. Although it should be noted that there are a
> variety
> > of
> > > open-source tools that can do this as well--the Windows CA isn't the
> only
> > > option, although it's probably he easiest.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: SSL for Encryption
    ... tell it not to alert you when there's a cert name mismatch--not sure you'd ... > the url is a machine name and not the actual web app name.... ... > to bypass the location check (intranets only). ... >> included that will allow you to apply for and download certs from remote ...
  • Re: SSL for Encryption
    ... you have an option to specify ... warning. ... download certs from ...