Re: Unable to connect to or browse a secure web

From: Herb Lichtenberg (hl_at_hlconsulting.biz)
Date: 06/07/04

Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 11:13:51 -0500

I cannot browse from my server to the vendor secure site but I can browse
from my server to the vendor non-secure site.

I checked my firewall logs and I have not found it to be the problem. That
was also verified by my firewall vendor.

I'm leaning toward a possible DNS issue but I'm just not sure at this point.

"Bernard" <qbernard@hotmail.com.discuss> wrote in message
> 1) Can you directly browse using from the your server to the vendor site ?
>
> 2) check do you firewall or anything blocking the access ?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Bernard Cheah
> http://www.tryiis.com/
> http://support.microsoft.com/
> http://www.msmvps.com/bernard/
>

> "hfl" <hlichten@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Ok, I know this should be easy but I haven't been able to
> > find the answer. I have recently installed an SSL
> > certificate on a W2000Server machine. From the internet,
> > communication to and from both the http and https side is
> > working fine. However, I now cannot access an external
> > https site from the server. I need to communicate with a
> > credit card processing site using their API and it is
> > simply not finding the page at all.
> >
> > I have not found had any luck resolving this from MSDN or
> > TechNet.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: RPC-HTTP requires more ports open than SSL
    ... support my theory that for some reason the tunneled RPC-HTTPS connection ... The fact that it is SSL should mean that the firewall can do ... Exchange server then the firewall in theory shouldn't / wouldn't be able ... and if that was blocked then OWA over https wouldn't work. ...
  • Re: RPC-HTTP requires more ports open than SSL
    ... Outlook did not stop there in trying to complete the connection. ... would the firewall be able to do to an encrypted session. ... and as TCP:443 is allowed in to my Exchange server then the ... and if that was blocked then OWA over https wouldn't work. ...
  • Re: RPC-HTTP requires more ports open than SSL
    ... no problems with a HTTP connection inside your LAN, ... work from outside, you have a firewall config problem, most likely. ... it means your server is configured properly - access ... is being tunnelled through HTTPS. ...
  • Re: Problem with HTTPS and Checkpoint Firewall NG FP2
    ... are you using the HTTP security servers on the firewall? ... >> I think that it is due to the checkpoint slowing traffic for the HTTPS ... > more likely its your proxy server. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: External PCAnywhere to internal client
    ... What you are describing is basic network address translation and should really have nothing at all to do with the server IF the server is ... Assuming that you have a typical hardware firewall, then you should be able to configure port forwarding on it directly to the LAN address of the workstation to be controlled. ... Make sure that you specify the two pcA ports correctly on the firewall, and that these ports are also open on the workstation's software firewall if it has one: ... I use a hardware firewall that lets the correct PCAnywhere ports in from the vendor' s ip address and routed them to the internal PC using the firewall (ie: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)