Re: SSL on IIS6

From: cjobes (cjobes_at_nova-tech.org)
Date: 05/30/04

    Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 13:47:42 -0400

    Additional Info:

    I found the SSL Diag tool (great help). The problem is the cert that I
    created with cert server. I don't know why yet, but if I use the SSL Diag
    tool to create a new cert, the website works. Now the question is, why does
    the cert server create a cert that isn't working?

    Does anybody have any idea about this one?

    Thanks,

    Claus
    "cjobes" <cjobes@nova-tech.org> wrote in message
    > Some further info on this.
    >
    > The server is listening on port 443. I checked it with telnet. The lab
    setup
    > is a workgroup. The DNS has a zone testlab.com with 2 entries (www and
    > webserver) pointing to the IP that the website is using. the certificate
    > name is webserver.testlab.com. Ping works for IP as well as the 2 names.
    The
    > app comes up with both names and the IP when I disable SSL.
    >
    > I searched MS and everything else I could find on the net. Does anybody
    have
    > an idea what else I can try?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Claus
    > "cjobes" <cjobes@nova-tech.org> wrote in message
    > > Hi everyone,
    > >
    > > I'm testing a new app on a standalone 2003. The website is mapped to a
    > > single IP address that is only used by this website. The app works fine
    > with
    > > anonymous access. I want to use SSL for the sole purpose of encrypting
    > > traffic. User authentication is done within the app.
    > >
    > > I installed a certificate server (root CA) on the same box and added the
    > > certificate to the website. I then checked "ignore client certificates".
    > > When I try to connect to the website with http it correctly tells me
    that
    > > SSL is required. When I try to connect with https://ipaddress I get an
    > error
    > > that the page is not available.
    > >
    > > Why is this not working? I tried the IE on the server as well as IE from
    > > another box on the local net. Both IE have SSL 2 and 3 enabled.
    > >
    > > Any help would be very much appreciated.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Claus

    • Re: SSL on IIS6
      ... > I found the SSL Diag tool. ... The problem is the cert that I ... > the cert server create a cert that isn't working? ... >> webserver) pointing to the IP that the website is using. ...
    • Re: Re: Problem connecting to VPN
      ... > It looked like the cert server or cert was not found. ... I am trying to connect to my VPN. ... Nate ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
    • lost cert server
      ... I am trying to resolve a few interesting problems involving a MS cert server ... and one crazy admin. ... 2000 ad migration from Novell. ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
    • Re: OWA and SSL - Confused...
      ... I'm refuring to the documentation from MS KB# 290625. ... under the "Submit a Cert Request" portion of the document. ... Cert Server is on the same server as ...
    • !@#$% Cert Server
      ... I've installed MS Cert Server about 10 times now. ... client side cert requests from the browser into which I will install the ... since that is how the private key is generated. ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)