Re: server 2003 cmd.exe renaming

From: Mike D (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 05/20/04

Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 06:11:53 -0700

I rename cmd.exe to mynewname.exe and later there is
cmd.exe and mynewname.exe in the same folder. I don't
know how this is being 're-created'. I am renaming it
while logged on as an admin??

Thanks
Mike

access to commandline
>tool.
>
>--
>Regards,
>Bernard Cheah
>http://www.tryiis.com/
>http://support.microsoft.com/
>http://www.msmvps.com/bernard/
>

>"Mike D" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>> I have setup other servers in the past and have always
>> renamed cmd.exe to something only I know. I am trying
>> do this on server 2003 and the file is not being
changed.
>> Is this a bad thing to do? How do I change it and keep
it
>> changed?
>>
>> Mike
>

>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: my pictures slide show
    ... > order in your folder. ... > If you need to batch rename and number, you can do this easily with XP. ... > Copy the photos to a new folder. ... > Two important things when renaming using the above method. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.photos)
  • Something was missing at the beginning of renaming
    ... Something was missing in my previous message about renaming. ... Open the new folder. ... When you rename, don't forget to add .jpg after. ... Select all the photos and rename. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.photos)
  • Re: Naming multiple same-type picture files at once
    ... Is there a way I can keep the names of the photos different and still number ... > Copy the photos to a new folder. ... > Click on Rename on the opening menu. ... > Two important things when renaming using the above method. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.photos)
  • Re: Something was missing at the beginning of renaming
    ... > Something was missing in my previous message about renaming. ... > If you need to batch rename and number, you can do this easily with XP. ... > Copy the photos to a new folder. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.photos)
  • Re: Copying photos to CD