Re: Windows Authentication - Please Kindly Advise

From: Alex (nrz26_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 05/20/04

Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 15:06:58 +0800

Thanks for the info Ken.

"Ken Schaefer" <kenREMOVE@THISadOpenStatic.com> wrote in message
news:O0jTAGjPEHA.620@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> They will be authenticated if there is an appropriate trust between the
> domains.
> Whether they are authorised to access the resource is another question :-)
>
> Integrated Windows Authentication is two auth mechanisms: Kerberos v5 and
> NTLM v2. You may be familiar with these authentication mechanisms from
other
> aspects of your domain environment (for example, authenticating to a file
> server). The same behind-the-scenes authentication process kicks in.
>
> Cheers
> Ken
>

> "Alex" <nrz26@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> : Hi,
> :
> : We have an AD forest that has multiple domains. If I setup an IIS web
> : server and uses Integrated Windows Authentication for a web application
in
> : one domain (DomainA). When user in another domain (DomainB) tried to
> access
> : the web application, what will happen?
> :
> :
> : Thanks in advance,
> : Alex
> :
> :

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Windows Integrated Authentication and Kerberos
    ... This is required to be checked for Kerberos to be used ... It uses NEGOTIATE, falls back to NTLM. ... has only the "Integrated Windows authentication" box checked. ... The computer account for the member server has the "Trust this computer for delegation to any service " option enabled in Active Directory. ...
  • Windows Authentication problem with IIS6 (Win2k3)
    ... I believe the problem to be something related to the Kerberos technology, ... Internet Information Services (IIS) ... Shouldn't integrated windows authentication use their ... Windows 2000) that talked about Kerberos and Delegation. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Windows Authentication problem with IIS6 (Win2k3)
    ... I believe the problem to be something related to the Kerberos technology, ... Internet Information Services (IIS) ... Shouldn't integrated windows authentication use their ... Windows 2000) that talked about Kerberos and Delegation. ...
  • Re: Windows Auth -- double hop issue??
    ... Integrated Windows Authentication covers two separate authentication ... Kerberos is the preferred method of IWA, and is supported by IE v5 and ... NTLM v2 can not be natively delegated. ... resource on the same machine using NTLM, you need to enable delegation. ...