Re: How to Hide the IIS FTP Banner ?

From: Karl Levinson [x y] mvp (levinson_k_at_despammed.com)
Date: 05/19/04

    Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 19:03:32 -0400

    Interesting... I have no idea why this was not already included in Windows
    Server 2003. Anyone in this newsgroup could have told you this has been a
    common request for years.

    "Paul Lynch" <paul.lynch@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > Apologies if this has already been flagged up here (I've been out of
    > the loop for a few weeks) but I just found this KB article when going
    > through my inbox.
    >
    > FIX: You cannot suppress the default FTP banner for the FTP service
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?id=826270
    >
    > I know that obscurity isn't security but I suppose it can be useful as
    > part of the overall picture.
    >

    > Regards,
    >
    > Paul Lynch
    > MCSE

    • Re: The Web site cannot be found - errors
      ... What is the server OS version? ... SBS 2003 or Windows 2003? ... setup and deployment newsgroup. ... this issue may occur if the web site is using ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • RE: DFS & GPO Problems
      ... Thank you for posting in SBS newsgroup. ... DNS Server address is not configured correctly on the affected ... We can also try to disable the Windows Firewall on the problematic ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • RE: Windows Messenger - Auto Log Off
      ... 827182 Group Policy settings are not applied when you log on to a server by ... 239924 How to disable Media Sensing for TCP/IP in Windows ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Server Hanging on Applying personal settings
      ... clients shows disconnected to server. ... How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • RE: trying to recover files on SBS2K3 disk using XP Pro
      ... the IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service is installed with Windows ... Server 2003 and it is by default disabled. ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ... | files but can't open the important "Users Shared Folders" folders ("Not ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)