RE: IIS on 443 replaced by serv-u

From: Alun Jones [MS MVP - Security] (alun_at_texis.invalid)
Date: 05/18/04

Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 03:17:04 GMT

In article <8ULO6KfOEHA.3800@cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl>,
eddieb@online.microsoft.com (Eddie Bowers [MSFT]) wrote:
>Serv-u ftp may only be one of many backdoors placed on your system.

It's only fair to note that the author of Serv-U is likely just as irritated
as any of you, that his software is being abused in this fashion. My
competition, he may be, but he's also a fervent anti-warez campaigner, and
seriously dislikes malware of all kinds.

I suspect this may be why Serv-U is the FTP server of choice among script
kiddies and crackers.

Alun.
~~~~

Texas Imperial Software   | Find us at http://www.wftpd.com or email
1602 Harvest Moon Place   | alun@texis.com.
Cedar Park TX 78613-1419  | WFTPD, WFTPD Pro are Windows FTP servers.
Fax/Voice +1(512)258-9858 | Try our NEW client software, WFTPD Explorer.