Re: HTTP Error 401.3 with anonymous login enabled.

From: Reena Mann (reena_at_cottermangroup.net)
Date: 05/13/04

Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 04:47:13 -0700

I received my information from Knowledge Base Article 332167
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;332167

Thank you very much for the clarification on anonymous authentication.

What do you mean by "ACL the specific resources"? What do I do?

Will I be able to run my application pool account as a network service
then? (Is this how I want to run my application pool account)

I'll go ahead and set AnonymousPasswordSync back to false.

  • RE: login and authorization
    ... When I set anonymous authentication and acl authorization and went to the ... But I am having trouble getting passed the login. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.server)
  • Re: Simple Authinitication
    ... control list (ACL) that is configured for this resource on the Web server. ... user puts his username/password in? ... I have a website that works great using anonymous authentication. ... would like to lock it down so a user has to enter a local user account, ...