Re: SSL, IIS ------ PROBLEMS -- HELP

From: rwg (a-robg_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 04/24/04

Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 18:46:10 GMT

Shawn:

| When I remove SSL, the ASPX pages work fine. I have no idea right now.

Here are some things to look at. First, turn off Show Friendly in your IE browser (Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced -> about the second page of
options), clear it's cache and access the page again. Wait a couple of minutes for a timeout or some other error message.

Check Event logs, System, App and Ssecurity looking for messages around the same time of this recreate.

Change IIS's SSL port to 441 (or some other port) and test that port (ex: https://localhost:441/Test1.aspx ) . If that works, then look for another product
grabbing your port 443.

-rwg
This is what I think, not necessarily what is accurate!

--------------------
| From: "Shawn McCarthy" <shawnjmccarthy@hotmail.com>
| Subject: Re: SSL, IIS ------ PROBLEMS -- HELP
| Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 17:17:13 -0500
|
| When I remove SSL, the ASPX pages work fine. I have no idea right now.
|

| "Mike Singer" <nospam_zookeeper@ehr.com> wrote in message
| > Have you tried a very simple aspx page ("hello world") to find out if it
| is
| > the content of the script and not the fact that its aspx. Is it possible
| > that the aspx pages are doing some type of redirect back to http and you
| are
| > now requiring SSL?
| >
| > "Shawn McCarthy" <shawnjmccarthy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| > > SSL, IIS ------ PROBLEMS -- HELP
| > >

| > > I have SSL set up on my website. It works for html pages, but not aspx
| > > pages. Does anyone know why this would make a difference? Does anyone
| > know
| > > how to fix this?
| > >

| > > Thanks,
| > >
| > > Shawn

Relevant Pages

  • Re: SSL, IIS ------ PROBLEMS -- HELP
    ... When I remove SSL, the ASPX pages work fine. ... > the content of the script and not the fact that its aspx. ...
  • TabStrip Secure and Unsecure Items
    ... When we implement SSL to any site and the Microsoft tabstrips are used in the ... ASPX pages, there is a message saying: Do you want to show secure and ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • SSL within ASPX - Simple Q
    ... Assuming all the infrastructure for SSL has been implemented on a web ... server. ... What do you need to do to make a certain ASPX in the web app into a ...
  • SSL issuse inthe Datagrid Control
    ... Then i set the SSL to that application. ... In my aspx page I used the DataGrid control. ... If Yes then what is the reason for the alert? ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • RE: ASPX page not always being "called"
    ... This seems to work for me with not having pages cache: ... > actually get requested from the web server. ... > I turned off caching in IE (by changing the Temporary Internet files ... When I turned off caching the aspx page gets executed ...