Re: Just give access to edit own web site...

From: Bernard (qbernard_at_hotmail.com.discuss)
Date: 04/15/04

Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 14:25:30 +0800

You first need to determine how your friend going to 'update' the file.
ftp, fpse, webdav or etc ?

then do some research on the topic you choose. For example in ftp,
you create ftp site, create a virtual directory, map to his website,
create a user acccount for your friend to login, configure NTFS permissions.
and etc.

--
Regards,
Bernard Cheah
"Mike Hill" <mhill7272(at)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a W2K Server with IIS 5. I have set up a site for a friend and I
need
> to give him access to publish to and edit his site. What do I need to do
> create an account that ONLY gives him access to his site and NOTHING else?
>
> I saw the 'Web Site Opperators' section in IIS and I added his login to
that
> and it did not give him access.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mikeal

Relevant Pages

  • Re: SALVIA - ever hear of it ?
    ... My friend swears he's had LSD-like trips with it. ... thumbers on stars, dieseldyke on absolute/vegaspoker24/7, pokerchimp1 on ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)
  • Re: Whats a good ftp package?
    ... > 421 Unable to set up secure anonymous FTP ... what is a good ftp server for Suse 9.0 and where could I ... Ihave no idea how your friend ... wich might not be enabled, tries to login over a secure connection, wich ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Im beeing hacked?
    ... This happened after I uninstalled Serv-U ftp program ... I started to sniff the packages and asked a second friend to try to ... connect to my no longer existing FTP server and noticed that the ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Serv-U FTP Hacked
    ... This happened after I uninstalled Serv-U ftp program ... I started to sniff the packages and asked a second friend to try to ... connect to my no longer existing FTP server and noticed that the ...
    (comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security)
  • Re: FTP
    ... Google is your friend my friend. ... Subject: FTP ... the anonymous user need not send a PASS command at all. ...
    (RedHat)