Just give access to edit own web site...

From: Mike Hill ("Mike)
Date: 04/15/04

Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 19:51:59 -0600

I have a W2K Server with IIS 5. I have set up a site for a friend and I need
to give him access to publish to and edit his site. What do I need to do to
create an account that ONLY gives him access to his site and NOTHING else?

I saw the 'Web Site Opperators' section in IIS and I added his login to that
and it did not give him access.

Relevant Pages

  • [NT] Heap Overrun in HTR Chunked Encoding Could Enable Web Server Compromise
    ... This patch eliminates a newly discovered vulnerability affecting Internet ... in IIS 4.0 and 5.0, and could likewise be used to overrun heap memory on ... allowing code to be run on the server. ... * Microsoft has long recommended disabling HTR functionality unless there ...
  • Re: Problem with connect computer wizard
    ... Make sure the Windows XP client is pointing to the SBS 2003 server as ... Please collect the IIS metabase and the latest IIS log files further ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
  • Re: Can login domain be set to a default?
    ... the default is set in IIS mgr. ... server gets to be privy to the name and pwd, ... > suggest and set the default login domain in clear text mode. ... >>> When users access a secured web site I manage the normal Windows login ...
  • RE: IIS Key pairs (how to export an IIS 4.0 self-issued Root CA a nd import into new IIS 4.0 box)
    ... IIS key to an Intel SSL acelerator ... it issues client certificates to the end users. ... Step I - Installing the New Server ... Install NT SP 3 ONLY ...
  • Re: SBS 2003 After Service Pack 1 for SBS
    ... we can conclude the SBS 2003 SP1 has been applied ... Please help me collect the IIS metabase to check ... and using server management console to reproduce the problem. ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...