IIS cannot start as a result of COM+ error(?)

From: Alexey Smirnov (removeit.hello_at_smalig.com)
Date: 03/24/04

Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 16:00:42 +0100

I've got a problem with local IIS. After first try to connect
http://localhost/ IIS stops.
In the event logs I see many messages like

**************************
A condition has occurred that indicates this COM+ application is in an
unstable state or is not functioning correctly. Assertion Failure:
SUCCEEDED(hr)

Server Application ID: {02D4B3F1-FD88-11D1-960D-00805FC79235}
Server Application Instance ID:
{D0CE567C-89C7-4406-B29E-F34412BCA1D2}
Server Application Name: System Application
The serious nature of this error has caused the process to terminate.
Error Code = 0x8000ffff : Catastrophic failure
COM+ Services Internals Information:
File: d:\nt\com\com1x\src\comsvcs\tracker\trksvr\trksvrimpl.cpp, Line: 3000
Comsvcs.dll file version: ENU 2001.12.4414.46 shp

And when I'm trying to open Component Services in MMC it craches on
Computers node... and again new messages in event logs.

I've applied again SP1 for XP, checked Comsvcs.dll from another box (looks
good) and still experience that error... Any ideas?

XP Pro SP1