Re: IIS 5.0 Windows Authenticion/NT Challenge Response

From: John (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 03/22/04

Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 08:16:55 -0800

Yes, the browser is Internet Explorer. But, even outside
our network through the Internet, it allows for user to
access it without Windows Authentication / NT Challenge
Response.

zone, if the server
>prompts IE for credentials.
>
>Cheers
>Ken
>
>"John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>: I have got the "Default Web Site", Another Site created
>: under the name say "Lotus" for example. This Lotus
website
>: is having a folder called Lotus1 which should be
accessed
>: by people over the Internet through Windows
Authentication
>: method.
>:
>: I have disabled Anonymous access to this site and have
>: only enabled Windows Authentication Mode. When, I access
>: this site internally or externally through the Internet
it
>: still does not ask for a Windows Authentication instead
it
>: goes in directly to the page which we feel is not
secure.
>:
>: I am not sure this is happening in Windows NT 4.0 IIS
4.0
>: Server as well as Windows 2000 IIS 5.0 server.
>:
>: This server has 2 IP Addresses and the Lotus site is
>: assigned the second IP Address {Virtual IP Address you
can
>: say).
>:
>: Any clues why it is not working. Thank you for your
>: response in advance.
>

>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Internet explorer.
    ... Internet Explorer itself is not a problem, ... You also have to think about user profiles: Temporary Internet ... out of disk space on your Terminal Server. ... You will also find out that users will try to install any IE- ...
  • Re: Win 2003 Internet geht nicht
    ... Die verstärkte Sicherheitskonfiguration für Internet Explorer ist ... von oben nach unten oder umgekehrt gezielt nachgehen. ... und die Server einen Gateway-Eintrag haben, ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.windows.server.networking)
  • Explorer.exe locks up after running IE
    ... If he opens the Internet Explorer ... if he opens another program at the server Windows locks. ... Uninstalled an reinstalled Internet Explorer ...
  • RE: Internet Explorer 6.xxxxx
    ... Netscape and Mozilla are NOT having this problem - only ... Internet Explorer. ... There IS a problem with Internet ... 2004 I came into a frozen server with 20 ...