Re: HTTPS Problems

From: Bernard (qbernard_at_hotmail.com.discuss)
Date: 03/19/04

    Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 13:31:26 +0800

    Try
    PRB: Error "Page Cannot Be Displayed" When You Connect Through HTTPS
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=290391

    HOW TO: Determine If SSL Connectivity Is Not Working on the Web Server or on
    an Intermediate Device
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=290051

    "Cannot find server" or "DNS" Errors When Using SSL (Q & A)
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=292296

    at command prompt, enter
    "netstat -an", see anything binding on port 443 ?

    anything in event log ?

    --
    Regards,
    Bernard Cheah
    "Austin Morgan" <austin.morgan@paranet.com> wrote in message
    > I am attempting to get HTTPS running on my exchange 2000 OWA! I followed
    the
    > instructions on Knowledgebase articles # 310178 and 324069. When I connect
    > to the OWA URL http:// it give me a notice saying you need to connect via
    > https:// which I expected. When I try and connect via https:// it says
    page
    > cannot be displayed.  The Certificate was a pre-existing one. I had to
    > reinstall IIS and Exchange at one point and that removed the previous SSL
    > Https configuration.
    >

    > Does any one have any ideas?
    >

    > Do I need to get a new Certificate Key?
    >

    > Where can I get the Certificate?

    • Re: Installing SSL on a web site
      ... Determine If SSL Connectivity Is Not Working on the Web Server or on ... I installed a local CA on my web site using the> Microsoft ca server. ... I then> had it apply the ca certificate from the local server. ... The problem is if I enable> require ssl then try to https: the web page i get page> can't be viewed. ...
    • Re: cannot view https://
      ... PRB: Error "Page Cannot Be Displayed" When You Connect Through HTTPS ... Determine If SSL Connectivity Is Not Working on the Web Server or on ... > verisign. ...
    • Re: IIS and HTTPS
      ... PRB: Error "Page Cannot Be Displayed" When You Connect Through HTTPS ... Determine If SSL Connectivity Is Not Working on the Web Server or on ... > I've installed a certificate using certificate manager, ...
    • Re: Debugging tips on SSL problems
      ... Error "Page Cannot Be Displayed" When You Connect Through HTTPS ... Determine If SSL Connectivity Is Not Working on the Web Server or on ... > Web Server, install SSL Certificate, the site then requires the user to> use https. ... > The only remaining thing that I can come up with is that somehow our> Internal DNS server is having difficulty resolving the https for the> particular web domain. ...
    • Re: Changing IP Windows 2000 server IIS 5 Page not Found in https
      ... Error "Page Cannot Be Displayed" When You Connect Through HTTPS ... Determine If SSL Connectivity Is Not Working on the Web Server or on ... > Is there any way to get more information about the> certificate server after to have change IP in Windows> 2000 server? ... > This old configuration has worked before. ...