Windows 98 ans SSL problem

From: L'enqu?teur (gg_spenard_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 03/18/04

Date: 18 Mar 2004 12:14:55 -0800

Hello to all,
I have a big problem that I don't understand
We have a server Web who works in http and https protocol
No problem with http but only with https
Web Server work in W2000 SP1 with IIS 5.0 (the SSL port is configured
correctly with 443).
On client station we have W2000 station and W98 second edition station
On every station we have IE 6 or IE 5 (128 bit encryption)
On W2000 station, https Web site work correctly
On W98 station (IE 5 with 128 bits encryption), I have an error :
"Cannot Find Server or DNS Error"
The internet setting is OK (trusted sites with https IP adress, SSL
2.0
SSL 3.0 checked,...)
schannel.dll correctly updated
I have try all the help messages of microsoft.com but all is OK !
Can you help me ? Please...

Relevant Pages

  • Problem with SSL and Windows 98
    ... We have a server Web who works in http and https protocol ... Web Server work in W2000 with IIS 5.0 (the SSL port is configured ... On client station we have W2000 station and W98 second edition station ... The internet setting is OK (trusted sites with https IP adress, SSL 2.0 ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Re: Windows 98 ans SSL problem
    ... To isolate further, have u tried accessing the site using IP address? ... > We have a server Web who works in http and https protocol ... https Web site work correctly ... > I have try all the help messages of microsoft.com but all is OK! ...