trouble enabling internet connection firewall

From: Derik (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 03/09/04

Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 15:02:02 -0800

I'm running IIS 5.1 and xp pro. I want to enable
the internet connection firewall in network connections,
only letting through port 80. when i check off the http
box and let the standard service definition (port 80
coming and going) stand, I instantly lose the ability to
see my web site from outside. Theoretically it should
block all the ports BUT port 80 but its blocking
everything. It doesn't seem like there's that much to
screw up here, since http is an obvious service that
you'd want to get through and is thus a standard option,
but its not working for me. any thoughts?

-derik

Relevant Pages

  • Re: trouble enabling internet connection firewall
    ... >the internet connection firewall in network connections, ... >only letting through port 80. ... when i check off the http ...
  • Re: Win XP Firewall Question
    ... > I wonder if I should activate the Internet Connection Firewall for the ... Three XP Pro machines connect to the internet ... Port forwarding on a Linksys router only allows for one IP/machine to ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Need Help In Opening Outgoing TCP Port 51215
    ... If it's Windows XP's Internet Connection Firewall ... you will need to open outgoing TCP connections to Port ...
  • Re: Ports
    ... this port is for Terminal Server or Shared Desktop, ... if you're using the Internet Connection Firewall in WinXP, ... Open Network Connections ... To enable Internet Connection Firewall, select the Protect my computer ...
  • Re: TCP and UDP by the hundreds
    ... Port Microsoft ... Carl hunted and pecked:> Hi Wes ... >>> Microsoft Windows XP Internet Connection Firewall ...