You are not authorized to view this page

From: Lori (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 03/01/04

Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 13:06:06 -0800

I have IIS 5.0 installed on the same machine as a domain controller. I have now read that this is not a good idea, but at the time I made our server a domain controller -- I was not aware of that and it seems that it would be a major pain to put it back.

The server is used for our internal testing.

My question is this. A few days ago I realized that our server was setup in the NTFS permissions to give Everyone access to everything on the C drive. I decided this wasn't such a good idea.

So I have been going through the instructions on how to properly setup permissions for IIS 5 ( http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;271071 ). I also applied the workaround for domain controllers with IIS installed ( http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;263140 ).

My ASP pages are now loading fine -- but my ASP.Net pages, first prompt me to login and then say "You are not authorized to view this page. 401.1 Unauthorized login failed"

I have checked and re-checked my permissions and I cannot determine what I am doing wrong.

Any suggestions as to what to check or how to fix this?

Thanks,
Lori

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Windows Server 2008 TS Error.
    ... You might want to read up about NTFS permissions, ... Here's a nice article by Jeff Pitsch: ... MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server ... drives and that is through group policy. ...
  • Re: Limit user access to server
    ... > administrator access to the server. ... > group permissions from the folders that you want to control access to OR ... > change the ntfs permissions of the users group and user account ... > Policies can also be used to restrict what applications a user can install ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Client Access
    ... How is authentication set on IIS? ... Do users have NTFS permissions to read files on server? ...
  • Need help please, Having trouble finding/adding users for purpose of granting permissions or adding
    ... I am having trouble getting users added into NTFS permissions or in to ... I also setup a simulation in my lab of an XP Pro ... workstation and a single W2K Server running as the Domain controller. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.setup_deployment)