Re: Integrated Authentication Timeout

From: Tom Kaminski [MVP] ((A_at_T))
Date: 02/20/04

Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 08:43:37 -0500

<mark.miller@gmx.org> wrote in message
news:dd87a512.0402191436.18138e19@posting.google.com...
> I can't find a decent White Paper on Integrated Authentication.
>
> So I can't figure out the following questions:
>
> If use an IIS site after login in with Integrated Authentication
> (let's say Kerberos flavor), how long can I be inactive before I have
> to re-authenticate?
>
> Where can I set this parameter?
>
> There must be some kind of Integrated Authentication State on the IIS,
> so is there a limit on how many sessions it can simulatiously handle?
>
> What about memory requirements per session?
>
> Can anyone help me here? What I would most like would be a White Paper
> with this stuff in it.

I think because credentials are managed/cached by the client, it's really
not an IIS issue and there for you cannot set a timeout on the server ...

--
Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

  • Integrated Authentication Timeout
    ... I can't find a decent White Paper on Integrated Authentication. ... If use an IIS site after login in with Integrated Authentication ... so is there a limit on how many sessions it can simulatiously handle? ...
  • Re: Get Current Windows User
    ... sessions on your site? ... >> If you use integrated authentication in an intranet environment and your ... >> login credentials to IIS without any user intervention. ... >> Ray at work ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general)
  • integrated authentication- access problem
    ... i needed integrated authentication in SPS 2003 to allow users to be ... All of the users were allready assigned security permisions (most of ... Turn on integrated authentication in IIS ... Put Miller intranet into the local intranet zone on clients ...
  • sharepoint authentication