Re: IIS/SQL Crashing

From: Robert Abela (robert_at_gfi.com)
Date: 02/11/04

Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 16:38:59 +0100

Hi Desmond,

I found the solution from the following link.

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=820129

thanks very much for your valueable help.

"Desmond Lam" <deslam@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Robert,
>
> Based on event log, there is probably a fatal error in your application
that
> cause the worker process to crashed. There are many possible reasons to
the
> cause of an application crash such as memory access violation or stack
> corruption. Sometimes it may be due to some miscompiled dll or third-party
> drivers that causes the problem. The best way to determine is to perform
> user-mode debug of the worker process memory space at the time of the
crash.

> You may go to Microsoft website at
> http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/ddk/debugging/default.mspx to download the
> tool and there are also instructions available on how to go about setting
up
> the debugger and attaching it to the IIS process to capture the dump when
it
> crashes.
>
> However analysing the dump file requires quite a bit of knowledge on
> programming, assembly language, and OS internals, it can be pretty
> challenging to layman.
>
> Here are some link that you may find helpful:
>
> HOW TO: Use ADPlus to Troubleshoot "Hangs" and "Crashes"
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=286350
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/ddk/debugging/DBG-KB.mspx
>
> Have fun!
> Desmond
>

> "Robert Abela" <robert@gfi.com> wrote in message
> > Hi we run a website based on htm/html pages, asp scripts and an SQL
> backend.
> > Before we had a problem and were having a lot of events in the sys event
> log
> > and after some time, if i try to access the website i would have an
error
> > "Service Unavailable"
> >
> > Then i turned the web server to run in "Isolation Mode" though
everysome
> > time it seems that the IIS stop communicating with the SQL server. In
> fact
> > the whole pages load up but the SQL driven data won't show up :\
> >
> > The only even we are finding on the web server is this:
> >
> > Event Type: Warning
> > Event Source: W3SVC-WP
> > Event Category: None
> > Event ID: 2237
> > Date: 1/28/2004
> > Time: 3:30:03 PM
> > User: N/A
> > Computer: S42910
> > Out of process application '/LM/W3SVC/179685904/Root' terminated
> > unexpectedly.

> > Also i found other events that say the the IIS services has terminated
> > unexpetadly and they are being restarted automatically. Any help please
> > would be really appriciated cause i am getting mad.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Robert Abela

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Process serving application pool terminated unexpectedly
    ... Running it on w3wp might be more interesting, but this server has ... > IIS Crash/Hang Agent is not the same thing as IIS State. ... > When you are dealing with a crash, ... > These exceptions correlate in number and time with warnings in Event log. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • iis 6 exception issue
    ... We have a customer who is experiencing several issues after migrating their ... make sense due to the security changes in iis 6 compared to 5. ... the domain service account, ... No errors are reported in the event log when an 'empty' executable is called ...
  • Re: IIS logs for Exchange/OMA Access
    ... Start the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager tool. ... Robert Li ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... When opening a new thread via the web interface, we recommend you check the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Help! Error: aspnet_wp.exe (PID: xxxx) stopped unexpectedly
    ... there was no entry in event log related to recycling. ... The error was due an exception generated by the HashTable.Addmethod(in my ... The worker process was indeed bringing up the debugger selection panel(with ... Have you found any recycle record in eventlog?... ...
  • Re: How to restart OWA
    ... restart it-self). ... No where in the event log ID i see an error for IIS or OWA ... Then I get 1001 IMC is stopping followed by 1004 IMC is ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)