Re: Local and doman db access with a twist!

From: Tom Kaminski [MVP] ((A_at_T))
Date: 01/27/04

Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 13:38:23 -0500

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=168908

--
Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

  • Re: Preventing logon to local accounts
    ... The firewall is disabled on the workstation. ... once connected, expand local users and groups, then select groups, open ... Domain Users in the listing of groups in this category. ... If you have rdp enabled and the group specified in the remote desktop users ...
  • Re: Preventing logon to local accounts
    ... Domain Users in the listing of groups in this category. ... default a member of the local users on a workstation, ... If you have rdp enabled and the group specified in the remote desktop users ...
  • Re: Problem after removed "domain users" from "local administrator"s g
    ... We finally decided to remove the "domain users" group from the "local administrators" group on the workstations and since doing that we have a strange problem happening. ... Some programs simply cannot be used without administrator privileges, ever, which is an excellent reason to switch to software written by competent people. ... The right answer, in hindsight, was to add Domain Users to the Local Users group. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Password protect web page
    ... By default Domain Users are also members of Local Users group. ... Microsoft MVP - Windows Security ... Control, Support Group has Read and Execute, CREATOR OWNER has Special ...
  • Re: Webserver and FTP user authentication
    ... You can either authenticate for local users OR domain users, ... This is set by the DefaultDomain registry value. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.app.development)