Re: outrageous pop-ups

From: Jeff Cochran (jcochran.nospam_at_naplesgov.com)
Date: 01/27/04

    Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 23:06:54 GMT

    On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 09:22:03 -0800, "Jocelyn" <sweet_joc@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >sometimes, while I'm on the internet a series of pops ups
    >come up talking about I "only have seconds" and that
    >things are wrong, but I found they come from this site
    >http://www.passthison.com/r4/?s43. I don't advise anyone
    >to go there, i haven't been, but then it changes your
    >home page to this http://default-homepage-
    >network.com/index2.html so that when you get on the
    >internet the next time you are confronted with all this
    >stuff. and it also ejects my CD drives everytime. it's
    >annoying. does anyone know what it is, and how I can get
    >it to stop it?

    It isn't IIS doing it, so you'll want to try a more generic security
    group. Or try:

    http://securityadmin.info/

    Jeff

    • Re: First Day of week in an asp calendar
      ... >As I'm not an experimented code writter (I usually use assisted tools) could ... in a group related to your coding. ... Since it's not an IIS ... Jeff ...
      (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
    • Re: Log file management
      ... Jeff is correct. ... There is not option in IIS for clearing out old logfiles, ... you will have to do this manually or write a script as Jeff suggested to ... checking my server I found that the drive where log files are stored is ...
      (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
    • Re: IIS 6.0 Directory Transversal Error with OWA.
      ... that there shouldn't be a selectable option. ... The real problem is that OWA relies on sending illegal URLs ... If the string was sent in the Querystring, by HTTP spec, IIS would not even ... Jeff, I realize that. ...
      (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
    • Re: Problem with the "Too many users logged"
      ... Using a workstation version of Windows? ... Jeff ... I am sure that nobody apart from me has logged to IIS. ...
    • Re: Webservices development