Re: IIS permissions

From: Jeff Cochran (jcochran.nospam_at_naplesgov.com)
Date: 01/22/04

Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 21:56:53 GMT

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 11:19:53 -0600, "Auddog" <will_k@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I have taken over a new position and I'm trying to get a grasp on the last
>IT admin's settings. We have an SSL page on our website (IIS 5) for
>employee login. We currently have the permission set to Anonymous access as
>well as Integrated Windows authentication. I have 2 users that are denied
>access. Event viewer reads (event id 100) - "user not allowed to log on to
>this computer." Everyone else is fine. Any help would be great. Thanks

Personally I'd just use Windows Integrated and Internet Explorer can
handle access. But your issue is most likely that the users in
question don't have the Log On Locally right. This is best handled by
adding them to a group that has the right.

Jeff

Relevant Pages

  • Re: IIS logs for Exchange/OMA Access
    ... I restarted IIS and have requested the users to tell me if they have issues. ... Enabled Integrated Windows authentication ... Uncheck Enable anonymous access ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Mobile Sync Over the Air - Error 3012
    ... |> Open properties of virtual directory OMA ... |> Uncheck Enable anonymous access ... |> Uncheck Integrated Windows authentication ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • IIS protections....
    ... I am assuming you only want anonymous access. ... you try unchecking Integrated Windows Authentication? ... Look in the security log in event viewer for more info. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Re: Activesync by Air not working after adding second Sharepoint Site!
    ... companyweb web site has been disabled and Anonymous access has been ... Integrated Windows authentication and Anonymous access is disabled. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: CompanyWeb and Remote Web Workplace
    ... I had the same error messages, the following suggestion from "Brandy Nee" ... By default, companyweb authentication ... > set to enabled for Integrated Windows authentication and Anonymous access ... Check Integrated Windows authentication. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)