Load balance behind Cisco content switch yields 401 errors

From: Kevin (kgould_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 01/21/04

Date: 21 Jan 2004 06:56:09 -0800

Situation:
2 servers, ksovetapp001 ksovetapp002
We're load balancing between them with a Cisco content switch with DNS
name CCXAPP. When we access pages anonymously, it works fine. If we
access pages requiring authentication (integrated is set) we get:

2004-01-21 14:50:30 10.x.x.16 GET
/GentivaSecurityWebService/userauthenticati
on.asmx - 80 - 10.170.20.20
Mozilla/4.0+compatible;+MSIE+6.0;+Windows+NT+5.1;+.
NET+CLR+1.1.4322) 401 2 2148074254

I've registered the alias name on both servers both fully qualified
and simple using setspn.

If we access the authenticated page via either of the true server
names it works fine.

Any ideas as to a solution would be greatly appreciated!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Help SMPT Errors
    ... FAIL Reverse DNS entries for MX records ERROR: The IP of one or more of your ... it may mean that your DNS servers did not respond fast enough). ... INFO NS records at parent servers Your NS records at the parent servers ... PASS Parent nameservers have your nameservers listed OK. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: Windows 2000 logon process
    ... Paul Williams ... when clients are accessing the GPO stored in SYSVOL during logon. ... PW>> Sound's like - that's a combination of DNS and Dfs client pointing ... Global Catalogue servers? ...
  • Re: Replication issues
    ... I wanted to say Zone Transfers not Zone Forwarding. ... on 2 servers out of 4 DNS servers. ... DNS and 2003 DNS and how to set up Conditional Forwarding. ...
  • Re: Howto refresh IIS 6 Application pool identity credential info
    ... You already have 80% of the work setup (DNS Aliases and HostHeaders) on the ... domain accounts (one for each layer) should be sufficient. ... The Application Servers are load balanced clustered, ... as the account name and SPN alias is correctly defined on both nodes. ...
  • Re: ad and dns setup
    ... domain It gave me 2 errors, no dns servers have dns records for this dc ... error no logon servers.. ... Make sure that the _msdcs zone exists and the scope is set to ... MCSE, MVP Directory Services ...