RE: "Logon Locally" right needed?

From: Rob Greene (a-robg_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 01/17/04

Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 21:15:46 GMT

"Logon locally" is required because the account you are operating under,
either the IWAM account or the user you log in as, is considered a remote
user.

HOW TO: Set Basic NTFS Permissions for IIS 5.0
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=271071

It's odd, that the account in use would have access to local devices. My
best guess is that your account is part of a group that has access to the
local device, like Tom Kaminski said, a delegation issue.

-rwg

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Guest Account, Local Only
    ... account to share, use all of the local devices, CDROM, floppy, USB, etc. ... The normal user being the one with the password to do sudo commands. ... We keep a laptop in the guest room, mainly for use as a loaner to ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Guest Account, Local Only
    ... for one account to share, use all of the local devices, CDROM, floppy, ... The normal user being the one with the password to do sudo commands. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: How to remote access Windows XP Pro computer?
    ... you happen to use Norton Internet Security please read the following link. ... link for the remote person to access their system. ... "Is LogMeIn secure and what is SSL? ... separate passwords to access both your LogMeIn account and your Target ...
  • Re: RWW and Remote desktop stopped working on all clients
    ... After diggin through ALL the group policies, I found Remote ... Desktop DISABLED under the Account Lockout policy - I don't think I've even ... adminsitrator or another account with Domain Admin role; also the server ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: DomainLocalServer$ is not a valid user
    ... I have traced by SQL-profiler on remote computer. ... it's always traced the user account. ... Its Security is ... to use the current user credential to logon to the remote server. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)