Re: -2147023569 error from IIS Password Change

From: David Wang [Msft] (
Date: 01/16/04

Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 17:37:01 -0800

I'm sorry that there's millions of users with questions and far fewer with
useful answers. When questions are cross-post, it unfairly ties up more of
those answer resources and may prevent other questions from being answered.

In other words, the cross-poster waste limited answering resources
(including bandwidth). When you consider that answer resources are usually
on a voluntary basis (I do NOT get paid to do this; I spend my own personal
time to help users out [some with their jobs on the line] because I want to
help with their problems or give information/insight), the cross-post is a
very selfish act (whether intentional or not)

So, it is not a matter of my attitude, company, nor importance -- it is
purely a matter of equality and fairness. No one here is any more important
than the other because we are all users with issues and people who can help.
There are unspoken rules of electronic communication, and cross-posting is
one of them. Welcome to the Internet.

I'm sorry that I cannot make you feel more important in this engagement. I
have provided you with a fast, correct answer to your question (BTW, your
question can be solved by merely looking up the error code on MSDN/Google),
and you responded with a flaming insult. Feel free to explain to the world
why you should be not be ignored in the future. I'll start right now.

"Fred Yarbrough" <> wrote in message
You were correct in the assessment of it being a policy issue.  I had the
minimum password age set to 2.  I can circumvent this restriction by
checking the "Must change password at next logon" for my particular user.
As for the cross posting comment.  I hardly consider posting to 4 groups a
cross posting shotgun blast.  Your attitude and [Msft] tag seems to indicate
that you are VERY important so next time don't answer my post and reserve
your valuable time for someone else.