Re: -2147023569 error from IIS Password Change

From: David Wang [Msft] (someone_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 01/16/04

Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 17:37:01 -0800

I'm sorry that there's millions of users with questions and far fewer with
useful answers. When questions are cross-post, it unfairly ties up more of
those answer resources and may prevent other questions from being answered.

In other words, the cross-poster waste limited answering resources
(including bandwidth). When you consider that answer resources are usually
on a voluntary basis (I do NOT get paid to do this; I spend my own personal
time to help users out [some with their jobs on the line] because I want to
help with their problems or give information/insight), the cross-post is a
very selfish act (whether intentional or not)

So, it is not a matter of my attitude, company, nor importance -- it is
purely a matter of equality and fairness. No one here is any more important
than the other because we are all users with issues and people who can help.
There are unspoken rules of electronic communication, and cross-posting is
one of them. Welcome to the Internet.

I'm sorry that I cannot make you feel more important in this engagement. I
have provided you with a fast, correct answer to your question (BTW, your
question can be solved by merely looking up the error code on MSDN/Google),
and you responded with a flaming insult. Feel free to explain to the world
why you should be not be ignored in the future. I'll start right now.

--
//David
IIS
"Fred Yarbrough" <fcyarbrough@yahoo.com> wrote in message
You were correct in the assessment of it being a policy issue.  I had the
minimum password age set to 2.  I can circumvent this restriction by
checking the "Must change password at next logon" for my particular user.
As for the cross posting comment.  I hardly consider posting to 4 groups a
cross posting shotgun blast.  Your attitude and [Msft] tag seems to indicate
that you are VERY important so next time don't answer my post and reserve
your valuable time for someone else.
Fred
"David Wang [Msft]" <someone@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The error code is 1327 and indicates "Logon failure: user account
> restriction"
>
> Possible reasons include: [blank] password not allowed, logon hours
> restriction, or policy restriction of some sort is being enforced.
>
> Please do not cross post like this in the future.  Try exactly one
newsgroup
> first, and if it doesn't work, try another.  Shotgun approaches like this
> may find you an answer fast, but wastes everyone's time and effort (we do
> this on a voluntary basis).  For example, I frequently will explicitly
> ignore cross-posts even if I can answer it.
>
> --
> //David
> IIS
rights.
> //
> "Fred Yarbrough" <fcyarbrough@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I am getting the following error when using the IIS password change site.
> Normally I can change the password fine but occasionally my users get
> this -2147023569 error returned.  Has anyone seen this or know what it is?
>
> NT 4.0 domain SP6a
>

> Thanks,
> Fred

Relevant Pages

  • Re: -2147023569 error from IIS Password Change
    ... When questions are cross-post, it unfairly ties up more of ... question can be solved by merely looking up the error code on MSDN/Google), ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, ... As for the cross posting comment. ...
  • Re: Good Net-Keeping Seal of Approval 2.0 (GNKSA 2.0) for Usenet Software
    ... > posting the same content simultaneously to more than one newsgroup, ... > somewhat amused to see that in the "Seal of Approval" appropriate cross ... conclude that the article should indeed be posted to multiple groups, ... and Add a Followup-To header to your cross-post in order to ...
    (comp.sys.mac.comm)
  • Re: Need LESS Security with Screensaver Password
    ... Most of the references you cite refer only to spam or posting commercial ads ... when addressing multiple posts, and those that do address cross-posting only ... message truly belongs in multiple groups, by all means cross-post. ...
  • Re: Function giving Error
    ... I replied to your posting in the misc newsgroup. ... Please don't cross-post or ... multi-post. ...
  • Re: MSXML XmlHttpRequest on PPC 2000: open() call sometimes returns C0000005 error code
    ... For future reference it's best to cross-post to all newsgroups at once ... My current code is creating an instance of XmlHttpRequest for each ... calls I am getting a random C0000005 error code from open. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded.vc)