Re: -2147023569 error from IIS Password Change

From: Fred Yarbrough (fcyarbrough_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 01/15/04

Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 08:39:52 -0600

You were correct in the assessment of it being a policy issue. I had the
minimum password age set to 2. I can circumvent this restriction by
checking the "Must change password at next logon" for my particular user.

As for the cross posting comment. I hardly consider posting to 4 groups a
cross posting shotgun blast. Your attitude and [Msft] tag seems to indicate
that you are VERY important so next time don't answer my post and reserve
your valuable time for someone else.

Fred

"David Wang [Msft]" <someone@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The error code is 1327 and indicates "Logon failure: user account
> restriction"
>
> Possible reasons include: [blank] password not allowed, logon hours
> restriction, or policy restriction of some sort is being enforced.
>
> Please do not cross post like this in the future. Try exactly one
newsgroup
> first, and if it doesn't work, try another. Shotgun approaches like this
> may find you an answer fast, but wastes everyone's time and effort (we do
> this on a voluntary basis). For example, I frequently will explicitly
> ignore cross-posts even if I can answer it.
>
> --
> //David
> IIS
rights.
> //
> "Fred Yarbrough" <fcyarbrough@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I am getting the following error when using the IIS password change site.
> Normally I can change the password fine but occasionally my users get
> this -2147023569 error returned. Has anyone seen this or know what it is?
>
> NT 4.0 domain SP6a
>

> Thanks,
> Fred

Relevant Pages

  • Re: -2147023569 error from IIS Password Change
    ... You were correct in the assessment of it being a policy issue. ... As for the cross posting comment. ... > Please do not cross post like this in the future. ... > I am getting the following error when using the IIS password change site. ...
  • Re: Just got my new D3000 insured for 14 bucks a year with All State.
    ... how many darn groups are you cross posting to? ... What coverage are they providing for your $14, that your renters policy ... what I get out of this that I don't out of my policy for my apartment ... I have an Allstate homeowners policy, and they covered me for my D300, ...
    (alt.photography)