RE: Uploading files using https

From: Christopher Haun (a-chaun_at_NOSPAMmicrosoft.com)
Date: 01/12/04

Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 00:02:58 GMT

It sounds like you may be describing Webdav (extension of http) in
combination with basic authentication (prompting you for credentials) and
SSL, try this with your browser:

Open browser, expand FILE menu, Select OPEN, wait for new window, put
checkmark beside "Open as Web Folder," type in the url that you need to go
to, and click OK.

Then the links will look different. It will look more like Windows
Explorer than Internet Explorer.

And then you can drag and drop files from Windows Explorer or from Desktop
or such to this Web folder.

Hope that helps!

Chris - IIS team

[Standard disclaimer: These suggestions given without warranty, guarantee,
and/or the conveyance of any rights.]

Relevant Pages

  • Error message on web pages
    ... Internet Explorer is the browser, not Windows Explorer, so ... If the problem persists, try downloading and installing ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Web Page Titles Change to URL in IE6 Again
    ... I've noticed the same problem as explained below with Internet ... This computer is running Windows Server 2003. ... I've encountered a strange problem with Internet Explorer 6. ... This is quite troublesome because I often have many browser windows ...
  • Re: ie7 and subsequent dramas
    ... Have you considered using a different browser? ... on the Windows Update site. ... Why beat your head against IE7? ... Why do you rant about browsers when Lethal states that his problems are with Windows Explorer, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Explorer shuts down after picture upload
    ... and then a week later there was another update and IE6 ... fixed but windows explorer still crashed. ... replacment browser and they were both free and better ... Behavior began after I installed Windows update ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Explorer Problems
    ... what would internet browser options have to do with Windows ... Explorer? ... > The app you mention is sfc, and you can put the XP CD in the CD ROM, ...