Re: Logfile question

From: Bernard (qbernard_at_hotmail.com.discuss)
Date: 01/10/04

Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 10:51:31 +0800

Built-in, mainly in HTTP.sys.. refer the previous link..

--
Regards,
Bernard Cheah
> Thanks!
>
> Where can I find this functionality inside Windows Server 2003 webserver?
>
> Arjen
>

> "Bernard" <qbernard@hotmail.com.discuss> schreef in bericht
> > Refer -
> > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/tools/urlscan.asp
> > look at this section - Determining Whether to Use UrlScan 2.5 with IIS
6.0

> > ----
> > Determining Whether to Use UrlScan 2.5 with IIS 6.0
> > Microsoft?Windows ServerT 2003 has many built-in features that help
> secure
> > IIS 6.0 servers. UrlScan provides some additional functionality, such as
> > verb control, beyond what IIS 6.0 provides. Also, some organizations
have
> > integrated UrlScan features into their server management practices for
IIS
> > and for other Microsoft servers. If you want to utilize the additional
> > functionality and features of UrlScan 2.5 or simply maintain your
current
> > security management, then consider installing and using UrlScan with IIS
> > 6.0.
> > UrlScan 2.5 is not included with IIS 6.0 because IIS 6.0 has built-in
> > features that provide security functionality that is equal to or better
> than
> > most of the features of UrlScan 2.5. Table 1 compares how the features
of
> > IIS 6.0 and UrlScan 2.5 handle certain security issues. Read the
> comparison
> > to help you decide whether to install UrlScan 2.5 on your servers
running
> > IIS 6.0.
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Bernard Cheah
> > http://support.microsoft.com/
> > Please respond to newsgroups only ...
> >

> > "Dan Boylett" <parc_erom@crossdata.co.uk> ????
> > >
> > > "Werner P" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > Do you still have to do that under IIS 6 ?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Logfile question
    ... look at this section - Determining Whether to Use UrlScan 2.5 with IIS 6.0 ... Microsoft® Windows Server™ 2003 has many built-in features that help secure ... and for other Microsoft servers. ...
  • Re: How do I remove the server header in IIS6?
    ... > "important" functionality of UrlScan exists natively in IIS 6. ... > removing the server header is not really a security measure for two ...
  • Re: Logfile question
    ... Where can I find this functionality inside Windows Server 2003 webserver? ... > integrated UrlScan features into their server management practices for IIS ... > and for other Microsoft servers. ...
  • More details on ASP.NET vulnerability
    ... Here are some ways to prevent this and other related attacks that might appear in the future: ... Use URLScan, even on IIS 6 servers. ...
    (NT-Bugtraq)
  • Re: Installing urlscan on iis6.0
    ... and determined to use URLscan in IIS 6 anyway, ... have used the, recently released, repackaged download? ... > We are unable to get urlscan 2.5 installed properly on ... > servers all with the same result. ...