Re: IIS 6.0 and ActivePerl/PHP

From: Paul Lynch (paul.lynch_at_nospam.com)
Date: 01/07/04

    Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 09:58:40 +0000

    On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 08:40:09 +0100, "Roger" <roglan19@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >Christopher,
    >
    >I did create seperate webservice ext. for perl, and both the appmappings and
    >web service extensions are mapped to [c:\perl\bin\perl.exe "%s" %s ].
    >I have not added a default document, but I'm requesting it directely (ie.
    >http://mydomain.com/cgi-bin/test.pl) so it shouldn't be a problem.
    >
    >Still experiencing a 403.19 error...and still haven't foud what the subcde
    >19 is all about.... :-)
    >
    >Isn't there a way to troubleshoot why exactly iis is turning down this
    >request?

    Roger,

    That specific error code means this :

    403.19 - Cannot execute CGIs for the client in this application pool.
    This error code is specific to IIS 6.0.

    See this KB article :

    IIS Status Codes
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q318380

    Regards,

    Paul Lynch
    MCSE

    • IIS wont start up.
      ... I'm happily debugging ASP code on my development machine ... IIS goes down and it won't ... refer to service-specific error code -2146893818. ... sc query service name ...
      (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
    • Re: IISState - Runtime error 203 "This thread is blocked by a Mess
      ... Message box is being thrown by the error handler in the dll, not IIS (or the ... Runtime error code is a Delphi code (it isn't a Windows error code, ... > going back through the archives and reading posts from you and Pat. ...
      (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
    • IIS services stopped abrubtly
      ... IIS on my machine is getting stopeed abruptly and it gives ... the error code 7031. ... red worm requests, including .ida file requests, to WWW ... Solution suggested is McAfee antivirus software, ...
    • Re: TS Web Access role installing fails on MOSS 2007 WFE and App s
      ... It looks like it is unable to open the default VDir for IIS. ... And there was the next in tsportalsetup: ... tsportalsetup.cppWARNING: RegOpenKeyEx failed Error code: 0x80070002 ... >> Could you take a look at the installation log and post what is ...
    • Re: Handling Custom Errors 401.2
      ... This last error code is specific to IIS 6.0. ... it could very well be that Windows Integrated Authentication ... Maybe testing if the 401 exception works with Forms Authentication would ...