Cookie Cached problem

From: SECOVEL (secovel)
Date: 01/05/04

Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 16:13:45 -0500

I'm running IIS 6 on Windows 2003 Server. I have an ASP app that issues
cookies for authentication. After a user logs out, waits awhile (about 3
min) and logs back in, 1 particular page (xxx.asp) is still using the old
(deleted!) cookie. I have a "Last Accessed" field in the cookie, and I can
see the new cookie (fom logging in) in the IIS Logs for some pages, and then
when I go to xxx.asp, I see the old "last accessed" value. If I hit
refresh, it then updates the page, and I see the new cookie value. The
cookie is not persistant, and has security = true. The connection HTTPS.

xxx.asp is in a virtual directory. The path is like this:

Adir
Bdir
Cdir/Adir/xxx.asp
Ddir

All the directories (including the virtual) seem to have the same settings.
I've tried adding code to xxx.asp to stop the caching:

Response.CacheControl = "no-cache"
Response.Expires = -1

HELP!

Sean

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Creating "remember me" functionality
    ... the session data is erased. ... When someone logs into your website, you need to use setcookie on the next ... This makes it a set size charfor a database. ... $_Cookie for the required fields. ...
    (alt.php)
  • Re: Need advice, leftover fudge
    ... day of just the two of us, she brought me three 12"x1.5" logs of the ... To use up the too creamy fudge as well as the leftover crushed nuts, ... depress the cookie tops to put on a half to 3/4 teaspoon dollup of the ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Cross-domain cookie synchronisation
    ... I have an authentication system which, at login and performed using ... The cookie expires either at midnight or - as it's a session ... webapps within the same domain, as all webapps can see the domain ... John now logs into Site 1 from the same ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • UserConcurrency
    ... I increment the count field in my database ... If the user refreshes his browser, ... logs in, I create the cookie. ...
  • Re: Cookie Cached problem
    ... All the pages DO use the same cookie. ... In the first section the user logs in and hits some pages then logs out. ... You see the old "LastAccess" ...