HELP-An unexpected error occurred during logon

scottb_at_nospam.com
Date: 12/30/03

Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 07:42:13 -0800

We have an .ASP application running on an IIS 5 W2K
Advanced server, and recently users in another fully
trusted domain are getting HTTP - 500 Internet Server
Errors returned to their browser when accessing the
application. All users within my domain in which is the
Domain that hosts the application can access it fine. On
the application, we are only using Integrated Windows
Authentication. Errors in the security logs on the server
for those trying to access the application who reside in
the other domain are as follows:

Event ID 537
User System
Reason: An unexpected error ocurred durig logon.
Logon type 3
NtlmSsp
NTLM

What's strange is successful logins come in properly
meaning displaying the user's login ID. This is the case
for users that are accesing the app that are from the same
domain as the domain in which hosts the app, and the same
way other logins did a few days ago from other Domains.
Now, any user in another Domain displays the System ID as
in the error above?

If someone could help that would be great.. I have no idea
why this is all of a sudden ocurring as we have not
changed any security and all looks fine.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Compromised Server? Anyone recognize the suspect Services?
    ... I finally discovered that there was a whole folder structure under ... Event viewer shows normal logins, but I did not have it set to record ... there are a bunch of logins for Website Accounts created by the ... order to find those files on the Web Server I had to make sure that System ...
  • Re: Sql Server 2005 Dev. Ed. on Windows Server 2003
    ... Check out this KB which is about transferring Logins: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/246133 ... Also, since this is running on a newly installed Windows Server 2003, is ... them from your older SQL Server instance to the newer one. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • Re: Enabling STARTTLS in Exchange 2003 IMAP service?
    ... For the first, if you simply want to enable encrypted logins, then once you ... I guess I don't understand the need to have that command listed. ... > This section describes a means for "upgrading" an ordinary cleartext IMAP ... In order to use it, however, the server must advertise support for ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: Enabling STARTTLS in Exchange 2003 IMAP service?
    ... For the first, if you simply want to enable encrypted logins, then once you ... I guess I don't understand the need to have that command listed. ... > This section describes a means for "upgrading" an ordinary cleartext IMAP ... In order to use it, however, the server must advertise support for ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.protocols)
  • Re: Enabling STARTTLS in Exchange 2003 IMAP service?
    ... For the first, if you simply want to enable encrypted logins, then once you ... I guess I don't understand the need to have that command listed. ... > This section describes a means for "upgrading" an ordinary cleartext IMAP ... In order to use it, however, the server must advertise support for ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.admin)