Re: Security

anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com
Date: 12/09/03

Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 06:06:35 -0800

have
>>> tried all kinds off diferent ways and I can't get
both
>>> work at the same time.
>>
>>You need to set appropriate NTFS permissions on the
>content.
>>http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/en/server/iis/
>>
>>Microsoft Internet Information Server
>> Administration
>> Server Administration
>> Security
>> Authentication
>> Access Control
>>
>>http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserv
>r2003/proddocs/standard/gs_authentication.asp
>>

>>HOW TO: Configure IIS 5.0 Web Site Authentication in
>Windows 2000
>>http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310344
>>HOW TO: Configure User and Group Access on an Intranet
>in Windows 2000 or
>>Windows NT 4.0
>>http://support.microsoft.com/?id=325358
>>HOW TO: Configure IIS Web Site Authentication in
Windows
>Server 2003
>>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-
>us;324274
>>

>>--
>>Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
>>http://www.iistoolshed.com/ - tools, scripts, and
>utilities for running IIS
>>http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>>http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/cen
>ers/iis/
>>

>>.
>>I am running Windows XP Pro and Frontpage2003 if this
>makes any difference.
>.
>So if I turn off "enable authoring" and then make
changes to the NTFS security this should work? I have
looked at this before and was not able to figure it out
so I will try again.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: ** XP File permissions **
    ... Check the NTFS permissions on the areas being used. ... Microsoft MVP (Windows, Security) ... >>Roger Abell ... >>> if its not fixed soon i will have to go install linux ...
  • RE: Please help! IIS requesting username and pass.
    ... Check the home directory for the site in question, check NTFS permissions. ... | Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message ... | We are running Windows 2003 Web Edition. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • RE: locked out
    ... You may need to check the NTFS permissions. ... NTFS file system, I suggest you follow the steps below. ... | Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message ... Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000 ...
  • Re: Update Rollup 1 for Windows 2000
    ... How to Restore the Default NTFS Permissions for Windows 2000 ... Microsoft Certified Professional ... Each user is a local admin of the PC, I have logged in as a local ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Best way to implement security scenario
    ... set windows authentication, ... Then ASP.NET will require the user authenticate using a Windows account, ... credentials do not have NTFS permissions to the file, ... > I have a folder that contains a single text file. ...