Installing a webserver

From: Paulo Acúrcio (p.acurcio_at_oninet.pt)
Date: 12/05/03

Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 12:14:50 -0000

Hi

I'm a newbie installing a server with Windows 2003 Standard, to put in a ISP
to work as a webserver.

Since I'm new in this I would apreciate some security advices or some links.

Which is the best (securest) way to upload files to the server? FTP?

Is it recomendable to use TCP/IP filtering and/or ICF?

Thanks in advance

Relevant Pages

  • Change SBS 2003 ip address
    ... We are changing our isp, What is the best way to change the external ip ... address for the server? ... We are using sbs 2003 standard, with two nics, inside ip 10.10.10.x and a ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: setting up XP as a web site server
    ... Bear in mind this is a limited webserver only. ... Server family of operating systems, ... If a) applies and your ISP says 'no' ...
  • Web-Server: Connectivity
    ... virtual Windows Server 2003 Standard as Webserver: ... I don't want to restart this virtual webserver. ...
  • Installing a webserver
    ... I'm a newbie installing a server with Windows 2003 Standard, to put in a ISP ... to work as a webserver. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Installing webserver
    ... I'm a newbie installing a server with Windows 2003 Standard, to put in a ISP ... to work as a webserver. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)