Re: Questions URLSCAN

From: Bernard (qbernard_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 12/05/03

    Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 12:48:02 +0800

    1) Try to access your site with .exe type of request,
    by default this extension is blocked and it will be logged in urlscan
    logfile.

    2) yes. and it will create a new log for the day if there's a request that
    has
    been blocked.

    --
    Regards,
    Bernard Cheah
    "BG" <bg2@uasystem.ua.edu> wrote in message
    > 1. How can you test if URLSCAN is working?
    > 2. When is a new dated log file created?  It appears to be created only
    when
    > the IIS server is restarted.
    >
    > The reason I am asking is my log file most recent date is 11172003.

    • Re: Questions URLSCAN
      ... if there haven't been any requests rejected by URLScan ... URLScan creates a new log file each day. ... Microsoft PSS Security ... | 1) Try to access your site with .exe type of request, ...
    • [NT] 04WebServer Multiple Vulnerabilities (CSS, Log File Injection, AUX DoS)
      ... 04WebServer is a HTTP server developed by Soft3304 for Windows platforms. ... Characters into Log File ... filtering on the request URL before writing it into the log file. ... following HTTP request, when submitted to a vulnerable 04WebServer, will ...
      (Securiteam)
    • Re: URLScan Rejects header "transfer-encoding:"
      ... URLScan may block this type of request. ... "I really did not want to reconfigure the URLScan just to accomodate a JDK ... cause vulnerabilities on your server. ... configuration as you see fit and we provide the information to do this. ...
    • URLScan detection
      ... Product: URLScan ... URLScan can be detected on IIS servers by the way it responds to HEAD ... When a bad URL is rewritten it is changed to the GET request type. ... Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0 ...
      (Bugtraq)
    • Re: What is the URLScan Rejection Response?
      ... You can customize the response that UrlScan sends when it rejects a request. ... page contain your own custom code to run when UrlScan rejects a request. ... RejectResponseUrl in the UrlScan.doc file. ...