Re: Using login credentials from a database.

From: Jerry III (jerryiii_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 12/04/03

Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 12:14:28 -0800

You can also use an ISAPI filter to handle your own login scheme.

Jerry

"Kevin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am a developer not an administrator and want to ask you
> guys for ideas.
>
> I need to control access to my web site via login
> information in a database on the server.
>
> The only way I see to do this is to use an authenication
> scheme that doesn't require a user login (either
> anonymous or certificates mapped to a user) to establish
> the IIS login. Then, I would have to handle the
> application's login though my own web page and server
> code. Is there another way that I should consider?
>
> Also, can you point me to scripts I could use to
> automatically map those certificates in an install?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Using login credentials from a database.
    ... >I need to control access to my web site via login ... >information in a database on the server. ... >scheme that doesn't require a user login (either ...
  • Idea for secure login
    ... I just wondered if this login scheme had been considered before and ... The client and server have the password as a shared secret. ... to login the client sends: ... I realise this scheme fails completely if the attacker is not just a ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Using login credentials from a database.
    ... I need to control access to my web site via login ... information in a database on the server. ... scheme that doesn't require a user login (either ...
  • gdm hangs
    ... gdm will hang 9 of 10 times when logging out. ... with or without the client having been connected to the Server. ... # Timed login, useful for kiosks. ... Must output the chosen host on stdout, ...
    (Debian-User)
  • RE: OWA 2003 with ISA 2004
    ... OWA externally. ... i can login by any user. ... 825763 How to configure Internet access in Windows Small Business Server ... g. Reproduce this issue and send the logs to me. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)